Tactile Media Repositories:
- APH Tactile Graphic Image Library
- Btactile Graphic Metalibrary Opens in a new window
- RNIB Accessibility Metadata Project
- Tactile Astronomy
- 3D Druck Augenbit
Tactile Media Design Guidelines:
- APH Guide to Designing Tactile Illustrations for Children’s Books
- Typhlo & Tactus – International Tactile Illustrated Books
- BANA Guidelines and Standards for Tactile Graphics, 2010
- Guidelines for Mathematical Diagrams (with supplement and addendum), BANA (distributed by NBA)
- Guidelines for Design of Tactile Graphics, APH
- Tactile Graphics Guidebook, by John Barth
- Tangible Graphics: Teacher’s Guide. (1982). Retrieved December 3, 2018, from https://dp.la/item/a6dfd4b545b127b858f5a98b1c7b23ee.
- The Tactile Graphics Website Opens in a new window:
- RNIB Making tactile graphs and diagrams
- Tactile Graphics, by Polly Edman (AFB Press)
- Barth, J. L. (1988). Tactile Graphics Guidebook. American Printing House for the Blind, Incorporated.
- Creating Interfaces, Creating Experiences Opens in a new window:
YouTube video with TEDx Talk (2013) by Chelsea Cook, a physics major at Virginia Tech (USA). Chelsea questions how we handle problems and how we can solve them by taking another perspective. She explains how 3D models enrich her experience and understanding of maths and science. Great inspiration for science teachers, 3D modelers, and students with vision impairments who want to study science.
Tools for Tactile Media Production
- Ballyland Ballicopter in 3D Opens in a new window:
- Ballylanders in 3D Opens in a new window:
- Braille Bricks Generator Opens in a new window: Use a 3D printer to create your own Braille LEGO bricks. You can download the files for free. Designed by Singular Device Maker Studio. On Thingiverse you can find many files to 3D print
- Thingiverse Opens in a new window: Large Open Source repository of free, existing 3D models.
Lists and Forums
Organizations and research groups.
Please see the Tactile Media Alliance Community ATLAS